Which is the most important criterion when we are talking about the sport cars? Of course, this is the speed. The first world’s record was established in 1898 when Gaston de Chasseloup Lauba raced its battery-driven vehicle to 63.15 km/h. At that time it was the fastest car in the world. After that carmakers tried to create the vehicles that would be able to overcome the mark of 300 km/h. And they did it! This is the list of the fastest cars in the world:
1. Hennessey Venom GT — 418 km/h (Texas, USA), 1261 hp.
2. Koenigsegg Agera R — 418 km/h (Sweeden), 1140 horsepower.
3. Bugatti Veyron SuperSport — 415 km/h (France). The car is producing 1200 horsepower.
4. SSC Ultimate Aero – 413 km/h (Shelby Supercars). It provides 1305 hp.
5. 9ff GT9-R — 413 km/h (Dortmund), it is powered by 1120 hp 4.0-liter engine.
6. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo — 399 km/h, it is powered by 750 hp V8 engine.
7. Koenigsegg CCX — 394 km/h. The most fuel-efficient car in the list.
8. McLaren F1 — 386 km/h. It is powered by 12-cylinder V12 engine.
9. Zenvo ST1 — 374 км/ч (Denmark), it has 1104 hp 4.0-liter V8 engine.
10. Pagani Huayra — 370 km/h with 6.0-liter V12. The car is named in honor of Indian God of the Wind – Huayratata.